Monday, 28 December 2009
Goodbye 2009...hello 2010!
Well what a year, and what a turbulent ride 2009 has been for anyone based within the Technology sector with job cuts and threats, diminishing sale and revenue for our beloved vendors/resellers (meaning less free lunches at VMworld) and general doom and gloom whatever which way you lookwith the increased prices of all important things such as Laptops, Storage, Ipods and...I mean I mean...bare essentials such as food and drink and clothes.
I feel after a rough ride I have come out moderately ok and had a successfull year, I started this blog in January and really felt it wouldn't go anywhere, I've tried blogs before and to be honest had problems writing suitable content that would grab good audience let alone bring sensible comments to blog posts (as in someone not offering to enlarge one's gentalia or claim a lottery win in Lagos.)
2009 has certainly been an interesting year, I have acheived the following and hope to strive to improve upon this in 2010;
- Managed to hit approximately 20000 visitors on the blog which if you'd said to me last year i'd have laughed at you,
- Made a post at least (work dependant) 1-2 times a week,
- Have had a few Planet v12 top five mentions which was very cool, thanks for these Duncan it was really encouraging, I have also been linked on websites for external resources
- Had good fortune to meet a lot of interesting people in the blogosphere who have also commented about my content and at least said its good (to my face anyway :))
- Passed and upgraded to VCP4! great as I can now focus on moving forward and away from practical based qualifications until ESX5 (I hope)
So onto 2010 and some general New Years resolutions for me on the blog;
- Will hope to publish less technical content and more content which is based on strategy and methdology, this will be more the case I think in 2010 as I'm not hands on now in my day to day role,
- I have left massive volumes of content out of my blog in 2010 due to me just not feeling it was worth the bother of posting, this has been an irritant when I see someone else post and get kudos on there own blog...I hopefully will not do this as much in 2010
- I will move off of Blogger!...the CMS is just a frigging nightmare and not worth waisting hours of my year in 2010 on....this may additionally bring a rebrand for VMlover.com, i have decided for the blog to go up a level I need to get rebrand so I can gain more target audience.
- May try to bring external resource and knowledge from industry players and thought leaders with guest content, this will depend on whether I get interest, if you are interested then do comment on this post.
So I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy prosperous New Year and keep posted on the blog as your presence and comments are gladly appreciated.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]