Thursday, 23 July 2009
PHD Virtual ESXpress 3.6 - New Release
The latest version of 3.6 includes the following features;
- Full Vsphere 4 support
- Global side Deduplication of virtual machine backups (Note this is deduplication across the whole of your backups and i've seen the compression rate its fantastic)
- Multi User Instant file level restore
- Up to 16 Concurrent Backups per ESX Host (VCB Recommendation is 4-6)
- Built in Incremental backups
- And many more niche technologies which give them a competitive edge over other vendors
I'm wondering if functions that are also provided by Quantum's DXi hardware have been removed from the Quantum esXpress (e.g., Deduplication).
One other question... does PHD Virtual block level deduplication use fixed or virtual length segmentation?
You can get full details of the features included in the Quantum version of esXpress here: http://www.quantum.com/products/software/esXpress/index.aspx
PHD Virtual's esXpress uses fixed length segmentation for it's block level deduplication.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]